Unmountable volume

V

VasquezPL

Hi
I have big problem
Sometimes when I am turning on my PC, i recive an error "Cannot boot umountable disk voulme (or sth like that). I must then run recovery console and run checkdisk manually..Without it,windows wouldn't run at all.Please help me
I have Duron 700
Soltek Sl75Kv2 (latest ViaPacks)
256 Mb Sdram
2 HDD - 60Gb QUantum and 20gb Seagate (both ata100)
Sb Live value
Geforce Mx 400 64mb

Start the computer to the Recovery Console, and then run Chkdsk /r

Also grab a program to test your hard drive.

9/10 it's the VIA IDE miniport driver which is causing problems...

When I run Windows XP with the standard Microsoft-drivers, I never got any UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME problems

Txh m8!
It's true - I had installed Via IDE miniport. (this one is not included in the newest VIaPack), So I'll uninstall it and a install standard IDE drv form VP.
Thx once again!

yeah most VIA drivers suck besides their AGP drivers, other than those i have had nothing but problems with their 4in1s.

You also fixed my problem, i was getting this error every now and then

was driving me crazy

Thanks guys !

VIA is crap !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back