Unlocking and overclocking Athlon XP 3200

Well, I've done it before and never had any problems. I've sold all of my CPU's to other people with no problems.

I'm not saying there would be any problems, just not something I'd do. It's technically the most important component, I like to know what the history of it is :D

Just fitted the final upgrade to my Asrock K7VT6 mb, viz an AMD 3200+ which I was hoping to clock to about 2.5g.

Dissapointment, you bet , the multiplier on the MB (set to13.5x) not working and the BIOS manual overclock not stable (blue screen @210mhz).

Guess I'll just have to settle for the improved FSB. had the old XP2600 chugging along @ 2.16 Ghz too through the BIOS OC.

Unless anyone here knows different, but I dont fancy chiselling out valleys and all on this chip.

Loosen your memory timings. Or provide more voltage to your ram. Make sure to keep your AGP and PCI bus locked.

More power! Yup, increase your voltage, make sure your fan and heatsink is of decent quality.

OC-core.jpg

Stable and can run Super Pi all day at 40 degress.

Don't ask how I got 2800, it's not worth it.

Here's some motivation for all the 3200+ oc'ers.

OC-core.jpg

Stable and can run Super Pi all day at 40 degress.

Don't ask how I got 2800, it's not worth it.

I've been reading through this thread with interest. I think I may have accidentally unlocked my xp 3200!
I was refitting the heatsink when I dropped it onto the cpu, from a height of about 1 inch. After that the cpu would only run stable at 100 fsb and was recognised in BIOS and Sandra as an Athlon 1200. This was on a Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ board, which only has a manual setting for 100 fsb, anything higher being auto detected. Am I right in thinking the multiplier should be 11x , not 12x ?
Anyway, I moved it to an ASRock K7S41 board, set the jumpers to 200 fsb, still no joy. But if I clock back to 180 in the bios it is recgnised as an xp 3000 and works fine. I can push it up to about 195 (about 2350 MHz) with no problem.
Am I mising something here or have I found a novel way of changing multipliers?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back