Unlimited broadband

Pipex....

Can't beat Pipex,£23.99p a month,(512k)fast speeds,hardly any outages, if they do its BT.Been with e'm 2 years now, would not change. :D

I whole heartely agree. I starting using pipex 1MB last november and aside from the VP problem BT had at the start of my contract I've only had problems connecting once and that was last weekend (major network failure). Great ISP. Their customer service is supposed to be a little shody though.

Lee... aren't you forgetting that there's also T1, T3, ATM, etc... Might not see 10Mbps Cable in our lifetime

Has anyone had a look at demon.co.uk. 19.99 for unlimited 512k. Does anybody have any tales of woe with them?

I signed up to plusnet 2mbit uncapped for £40/mo. Apparently they are one of the best for low latetency and high speeds.

Plus the office is wired into their london pop by fibre so things is cool :D

Recently changed to Nlldram from BT (capping very soon!!) Support and service is great, speeds very consistant.... I recommend them.... nildram.net

Always get excellent reports on adslguide.org.uk

LordOfLA said:
I signed up to plusnet 2mbit uncapped for £40/mo. Apparently they are one of the best for low latetency and high speeds.

Plus the office is wired into their london pop by fibre so things is cool :D
you obviosuly didnt read my last reply to your post...
as of the 15th of november, they are capped unfortunatley, but the tricky thing is that they dont tell you the exact amount.. users have deduced its about 140gb a month...
:mad:

and if anyones lucky enuff to be in a ukonline LLU enabled area u can now get 8mbit for £39.99 a month
but capped to 4gb a day (useless for me ;)

No limit 1.5Mb D 1.0Mb up for $34.99

I still can't get over the idea that you can have a 1.0mb connection and have only a certain transfer per month..... strange.

I don't care what anyone says...AOL is an absolute horror to use...I will never use AOL again in this, or any other lifetime.

Well i would have also agreed about AOL being AOHell, but ya know - it's not been bad last 4/5 months. I've got the network set up, router connecting for us, therefore; I've taken the aol out of aol. No nasty software, no nasty "Welcome to AOL" or "good bye" when you still have to dial up for broadband... Changing hopefully in a few months to 1/2 mbit.

:) been with aol three years now,mostly dial up but broadband 512 mb since mid august no problems as yet but i wish they'd bring there prices down so i could have 1 meg,soon be xmas you never know what santa may bring :D

People still use AOL? :D. Im sorry but this is the first forum "I" have ever seen that was in favor of AOL, when i think of AOL i think of spyware and unwanted programs. When I was in a computer class we installed AIM(by request) and 100 spyware files magically appeard. I may be wrong but I would stay away from AOL. To me it isnt worth it

ElementalDragon said:
...Might not see 10Mbps Cable in our lifetime
I am sorry but you're either 95 years old or kidding? 6Mbit cable is already available for something like $100-$125/month. We will see 10Mbit+ speeds (10+ being fiberoptic) being common in the next 5-10 years alone. I am willing to bet a lot of money on that. If I had it. :)

Not likely in the UK. With BT owning the main telecoms infrastructure we'll be pushed to see anything over 2mb for a long time.

I know there are some companies installing equipment within some exchanges that now allow upto 8mb, but they're only going to be doing that in the larger exchanges where they can recoup their investment.

Blueyonder are fantastic. Paying 35quid for 1mb...that was upped to 1.5mb earlier this year...in January it's going up to 2mb. Same price though. :) Best provider i've ever been with. They offer 3mb+ too.

Blueyonder are fantastic. Paying 35quid for 1mb...that was upped to 1.5mb earlier this year...in January it's going up to 2mb. Same price though. :) Best provider i've ever been with. They offer 3mb+ too.

Tee-hee. How mad is that...i'm now paying £20 for 20meg.

Sorry for the ulimate bump! Just looking back at my previous posts and with the first page i was back to 2004!

Where's that graphic for holy thread resurection?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back