• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

unknown file extension

i have a large media file (2GB) that was given to me without a file extension. The file was burned on a mac using quicktime, however using .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, and .mpv extensions the file will not open. any ideas on how i can get the file to open?

-Thanks for any help

both quicktime and wmp, both say that they cannot recognize and use it. what is the full list of quicktime supported files, i can just try each of them.

L

Lee

Well you could always double click my computer, then select tools>folder options>view then uncheck 'hide extensions for known file types'.

Then it should show the extension suffix.

Then you can google or check M$ for the application and what can decode it.

Attachments

Kush

High On Life!
lol i thought he was talking about a mac, but yeah what i said applies to both anyways, yeah lee is right, i hate how windows hides it by default that could lead to viruses appearing to be pictures with a picture icon and a .jpg, with the hidden.exe and boom virus, happened in school cat.jpg.exe i think it was lol

a vob is a no go as well, i am going to google the extensions for quicktime.

Lee: the problem is that it didn't have a file extension to begin with, i am trying to figure out what type of file it is

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies