United 93. Anyone go to see this ??

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I am hearing there are rave reviews for this movie. They almost got back what they put into it this weekend during the opening. It is now number two at the box office. Did anyone here go see it ?? if so what did you think ??

I didn't see it, and I don't know if I want to. The thing I do like about it, from the things I seen, are that they don't have any big name actors in it, and there is no Hollywood ending. They say it is more like a documentary than anything. I think having big name actors in it would have ruined it ..

out of respect to the people who lost their lives..I'm not filling the pockets of some hollywood producer with my money based on a tragedy...It just does not seem right IMHO...

True some producer is making money, but that's the only reason there are movies made in Hollywood anyway.

I think that fact that every single family that was affected by the Flight 93 crash supporting the movie is a pretty big reason in favor of going to see the movie.

I think a portion of the proceeds from it is going towards the memorial and such for the families .... Don't quote me on it, though.

yeah only 10% of the 1st 3 days of the movie playing

Writer-director Paul Greengrass' "United 93" will open April 28 and Universal Pictures will donate 10 percent of the first three days' grosses to the memorial, the Families of Flight 93 announced Thursday.

I am boycotting the movie, based on the reasons that tdinc stated and my own personal feelings. I think if they had waiting longer... like maybe atleast a decade it would not be as bad. Its not like people have forgot what happened already....:eek:

Nope not going and have no intentions of going either.

What would be a Hollywood ending in this movie?

I don't personally care about the too soon aspect or the money angle.

I just don't "feel" the movie.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back