Unistalling Internet Explorer

Z

zatrix

I just realized that what i was doing before was not uninstalling internet explorer bu just removing its shortcuts.

SO DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO UNINSTALL INTERNET EXPLORER UNDER WINDOWS XP?

tHANX

Uninstalling IE

I thought someone on here said that to uninstall IE you had to go to the Add/Remove Programs and then to the Windows Componests option. Uncheck the IE box.

I haven't checked it out though.

nope that just kills 2 or 3 icons.

there is no way to remove it.. I wish ther was so i can reinstall it but no!

if u really really hate IE, then get Windows 98 lite...

You can remove IE only when you have upgrade it and want to revert back your windows to previous state (note *windows*... not IE).
IE is a core component of the MS system, you may try to remove it but you'll likely run into really serious problems that will cost you reinstallation of the system from scratch.
If you just hate IE (actually can't figure out why) then remove the shortcuts from the desktop (*customize desktop* options in desktop properties) and install a new browser and set it as default.
Besides... the actual size of IE program folder is so small that you save little if you delete it (and please don't do it), the rest (and the most) of IE resides in the Windows folder and subfolder, so don't remove it.

Normally you just reinstall IE and everything gets back to normal (sometimes not).
However Win2k and WinXP (IE6 or higher) have *system file protection* [sfc] so when you install IE on these systems you will only update your browser files but more serious problems may not be fixed.
So one last thing you can consider before having a clean reinstall of the system is to run the *sfc /scannow* command.

fantomas0072000

Thanx a lot fantomas0072000
It really helped!!!!

N/M

OMG......this really sucks...it didn't work again.!!!
I have no clue what happened!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back