Uninterruptible Power Source Problem in Win XP Pro

X

xenohawk

I've just got a PK Blackout Buster UPS and hook it up to my system. The UPS is already at full charge and the UPS did work in normal command prompt mode and safe mode in Win XP. But whenever I've entered the normal WinXP Pro state the UPS can only stand for a second or two then restart the machine :confused: . Anyone know how to go around with this?
I've tested and confirm this over and over again in safe mode ok, in normal window mode problem.

Anyway the UPS is connected to my 15" NEC monitor and my system unit.

System Unit Specs:

300W Enlight PSU
AMD Athlon ThunderBird 1.33Ghz
ASUS A7V133-C Motherboard
512Mb PC133 SDRAM
10.0 Gb 5400RPM Maxtor HDD
20.0 Gb 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda II HDD
Leadtek Winfast Titanium TH
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy
ASUS DVD 16x
LiteON 12x10x32
1 GlobalWin WBK38 HSF
4 80mm Sunon Case fan

Tried download the UPS update from windows update but it does not fixed my problem. Still having the same problem, no prob on safe mode but problem on normal mode.

I've tried the UPS software (MonUPS), tried the windows Generic driver for UPS, tried changing it settings, reverse the polarity. And I think my system are receiving quite number of hard reboot torture due to testing. :(

I'm all out of ideas......

I've had a PK Blackout Buster for about 2 years now with no problems, used in it win98, 2000, and now XP, you might have a bad one, sorry I could not help you more, best of luck:D

Ok....thanks anyway....looks like this unit is going to service center.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back