Uninstalling XP Pro Programs???

C

contender

Is is possible to uninstall Windows Media Player and MSN Messenger from XP pro? If so how?

open the file sysoc.inf...remove the hide text from next to the relevant entires and they will appear in add/remove programs :)

Originally posted by contender
Is is possible to uninstall Windows Media Player and MSN Messenger from XP pro? If so how?

www.tweakxp.com has a lot of tweaks. they have step by step instructions on how to do all that stuff and more.

how do i open the sysoc.inf file? i went to run and it didn't work and i did a search for the file and it wasn't found. what do you open a .inf file with anyways?

Okay I did a search for sysoc and found sysocmgr. That's the only file even close with the name or sysoc in it. Anyways, I tried opening it and I get this screen with the title, "Windows XP Setup". Then it says. "Invalid program arguments were specified", with a list of commands I could type and an "OK" button at the bottom.

Open windows explorer> tools> folder options> 'view' tab> tick 'show hidden files and folders,' untick 'hide protected operating system files (recommended)', and untick 'hide extensions for known file types.' Then navigate to the WINDOWS\inf folder and look for the sysoc.inf file.

It's a hidden, system file is why you can't find it.

goto tools-folder options-view-show hidden files and folders

then goto c:\windows\inf

sysoc is right there

That won't help much.

To Remove Messenger:
start
run
type: RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
enter
restart

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back