Uninstalling WindowsXP Home

T

T. Jon Ellis

Beacuse of problems which arose from the installation of Easy CD Creator I have finally decided to Uninstall XP and start again.
Following the instructions I have discovered that in "Add or Remove Programs"only Windows Components are listed, not the whole program to Uninstall. I am also unable to remove Easy CD program which requires the disabled CD driveto to add insult to injury:mad:
How can I Uninstall XP :confused:

You can only uninstall XP if it was installed as an upgrade of an existing OS. Your best bet would be to backup your data files, boot to the XP CD, and reformat your hard drive and do a clean install of XP. If you decide to reinstall Easy CD Creater make sure you go to the Roxio web site and follow the instructions for installing it on XP.

when you say problems that arose from ez cd creator, did you install the update from roxio.com?? If you dont, your drives wont work until you do. This might save you a reinstall, so give it a shot if you haven't already.

Originally posted by jw50
You can only uninstall XP if it was installed as an upgrade of an existing OS. Your best bet would be to backup your data files, boot to the XP CD, and reformat your hard drive and do a clean install of XP. If you decide to reinstall Easy CD Creater make sure you go to the Roxio web site and follow the instructions for installing it on XP.

I have already backed up all my data and ready to go, but the problem is my CD Drive is disabled because of the corrupted files, therefore I cannot use the XP CD
I may of course misunderstood your kind help? :confused:

Go into your BIOS and change the boot sequence to boot to CD first, save the changes and exit the BIOS setup, (make sure the XP CD is in the drive), you should get a prompt to press any key to boot to CD, just press any key and XP will load the files that it needs to do the installation and will give you the option of formatting the drive before installing XP. Just format, do a full install and you should be set. Dont forget to go back into the BIOS and change the boot sequence back to the default.

if you can't boot from your cdrom, maybe you can try to boot from a win98 floppy. Insert your winXP cd-rom and then change your driveletter under dos into your cd-romplayer. cnage directory to i386 and then winnt. smartdrive the bastard and your good to go!

Many thanks to all for help and advice. I am now up and running.:D

The Roxio CD for Easy CD Creator Basic started the problem.
It was labled to include XP. How wrong this was, it took me sometime to discover the possible cause, and to restore my system was most frustrating having no CD Drive. There is a plus side, at least it can be included as part of the learning curve.

The following advice from Jw50 soon put me on the right track:
"Go into your BIOS and change the boot sequence to boot to CD first, save the changes and exit the BIOS setup, (make sure the XP CD is in the drive), you should get a prompt to press any key to boot to CD, just press any key and XP will load the files that it needs to do the installation and will give you the option of formatting the drive before installing XP. Just format, do a full install and you should be set. Dont forget to go back into the BIOS and change the boot sequence back to the default".

I then downloaded xp_up.exe from the ROXIO website.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back