Uninstalling windows messnger...

S

Streamer

I followed the guide for removing this and I got to the point where it should have showed up in add/remove windows compnents. I do not see this. I went over this a few times trying to figure out what Idid wrong. Is their a chance since its been updated with all the microsoft messenger updates that the guide for uninstalling this no longer applies?

hi i had the same problem the thing is some of the windows items are hidden but if you open SYSOC.INF in the \windows\INF directory. remove the word HIDE from all the relevant lines. save the file. when you next use add/remove programs, it should now be possible to remove features that were previously hidden.

well..I removed hide completely from the listings in the sysoc.inf file..but I still do not see winowds messenger :(
I do see some others stuff did show up now though :)
Any other suggestions anyone?

I have a file that will remove it with no trouble. If you need it let me know.

To remove Messenger, here is the perfect trick, just click Start, then Run:

"RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove"

It will uninstall Messenger just like any other prog., I tried it myself and it worked damn well, just had to reinstall it afterwards because I personally use Messenger and find it very useful !

haha..thats a good one to remember too. i will c&p that for later. thanx.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back