Uninstalling Vista beta 2

Guybrush

Village Idiot
I have upgraded my PC from Windows XP to Windows Vista and I am having quite a few problem since, so I wish to revert back to Windows XP. Can someone advise me how, if possible to uninstall Vista without formatting my HDD.

Many thanks in advance

You can't downgrade an OS. If you put the Windows XP installation CD in it will not give you the option to "upgrade" or "re-install".

You shouldn't have installed Windows Vista on your production system, it is meant for testing purposes only (on a system that doesn't contain production data).

Yeah, Guybrush, Madmatt is right. The only way you can revert now is with a reformat. Kinda sucks but happens. Vista imo is kinda bunk now if you want it for a main OS, but as he said, it is just for testing purposes right now....all of that is expected.

I was not aware that Vista offered an Upgrade option yet. How did you install it?

I was not aware that Vista offered an Upgrade option yet. How did you install it?
I believe that was added in Beta 2, it gives you the chance to perform an upgrade installation similar to how you can do it with XP over 2K now :D

Many thanks guys. Reformatted and back up and running.

I will wait for the final release version to appear next year and try again!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back