uninstalling video card program

W

wassup_ken

if i uninstall the video card program will the video card stil work? if i uninstall the drivers? cuz i want to unstall it b4 i install the new one, thx for help!

you want to change cards? ......... I am not sure what your asking if you remove a card and install a new one you will boot up in a almost safe mode like desktop and then you can install the new drivers for your new card, like me for example I had a video card that was part of the main board what I had to do was disable the on board video card in device manager because part of what the main board uses is no longer needed when I am using my new video card, can you be more specific in your question like what are you using now? what are you going to install? is the one your using part of the mainboard? or are they both plug in cards ..........

i'm just asking will it be okay if i unstall the old drivers, switch the cards, and install the new ones?

Yep, XP will use a generic driver if it doesn't know what the new card is.

To install another vid card you first go into the vid properties. Right click on desktop>properties>settings>advanced properties.
Change adapter to standard VGA then uninstall all progs & drivers associated with the video card. Shut down completely. Take out your old card insert the new one. Boot the system, Win XP will say that it has detected a new device etc... If you want to use the generic XP drivers let it install them, if XP does not recognize the card it will set it up as standard VGA. It will want to reboot, let it. Once the system boots up install the drivers that came with the vid card if you want all the bells and whistles that came with the card. Then reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back