Uninstalling NSW 2006

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
OK, i was installing NSW 2006 over NSW 2005 and i was getting erros. NOw after a few trys i cant install or unistall NSW at all. It also isnt in add/remove progarms as well. Im goign bytrhe guide lines on

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/pfdocs/2005033108162039?Open

so im using SymNRT, but when i go to use it i get this error...it seems to do that on norton ghost...anyone know a way wround that.???

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
After like 20 times with tha program, it just worked....nevermind....

Last edited:
Sorry you had such an issue. Somtimes un-installing Symantec programs can be quite a task.

They should put a disclaimer in there manual with big letters stating:

"IN ORDER TO UNINSTALL YOU MUST DO A REFORMAT, TO DO THIS JUST BOOT COMPUTER IN DOS MODE WITH A FLOPPY AND USE FORMAT C:/ \S"

That would clear the confusion up with a lot of people. Heck they could make it better and just include the boot disk with the program ..

I had a hell of a time removing NAV 2003. It didnt remove everything so when I went to install AVG I would get a BSOD.

To resolve the issue I searched the register for symantec and norton and del all the entries. Then I did the same for files on my drive. That fixed it, but it was hell.

Just a note that my uninstall did complete successfully and the norton removal tool said everything was gone. PFFT ya right.

Johnny said:

"IN ORDER TO UNINSTALL YOU MUST DO A REFORMAT, TO DO THIS JUST BOOT COMPUTER IN DOS MODE WITH A FLOPPY AND USE FORMAT C:/ \S"

That would clear the confusion up with a lot of people. Heck they could make it better and just include the boot disk with the program ..

or use Ccleaner. :)

CCleaner will get rid of the registry things, it will not get rid of the files it leaves behind ..

Johnny said:
CCleaner will get rid of the registry things, it will not get rid of the files it leaves behind ..

There are additional tools within the app that will pull it outta there ;)

Ca marche !!

Yeah.. Doing a regular cleaning will get rid of the temp items as well. :)

Johnny said:

Yea for real, i must have spent like 4-5 hours messing around with teh whole thing...i tried like everything, then aftera bunch of tries with SymNRT and getting errors, it just worked..weird

Do u have another way to uninstall it coz I had tried this method and it wasnt working for my PC

duysibo said:
Do u have another way to uninstall it coz I had tried this method and it wasnt working for my PC

REFORMAT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can tell, Johnny is not a fan of Norton branded products. Forgive him.

I uninstalled NIS 2006 last night using this method, maybe it will help you...

1.) Uninstall the program using Add/Remove programs
2.) Reboot
3.) Delete the following directories: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec, C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Symantec, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec, and the Program Files directory for the application
4.) Scrub the registry (do a keyword search for "Norton", "Symantec", "SymNet", "ccProxy", "ccApp", "ccPrxy")
5.) Reboot

After completeing those steps you should be good to go. If you continue to have troubles then try a registry cleaner such as CCleaner or RegSupreme. And if you still have troubles your best bet is to start from scratch (as Johnny mentioned).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back