Uninstalled some items but hardrive is still full

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
ok this is weird why do i get my harddrive like the same, when i deleted some of the big files? how do i get rid of this. cause i did a system restore today and ya... and i have less hardrive space now. why is this?

ya i do. but for some reason the hardrive sometimes increases when i try booting up my comp. for example its like 7.20 gb and when i turn my comp back up again i get like 7.15. does this happen to anybody?

Are you saying that your hard drive filled back up after doing a system restore? If so, it's possible that some temp files or something else was put back and that's what filled up the space. Have you run a disk cleanup on that hard drive? Just being on the internet for a while will use some of your disk space if you don't get rid of the temporary internet files. Run the cleanup if you haven't and get rid of those all temp files... I've seen over 100MB being used by unneccesary files.

What about "emptying" alll the restore points except the most current one? Just click the Disk Cleanup button, then click the "More Options" tab. Then select the "Clean Up..." option under the "System Restore" area. This will delete all restore points except the most current one. I've recoved over a GB of room before doing this.

Are you using any Norton Utils ? cause I noticed that the protected files part (under recycle bin options) hold back loads of space and we was finding that even after deleting files your disk would still be full (you also get this program on the norton antivirus pros). If this is the case either disable the function and purge the files or set the slider to a much lower disk usage.

a friendly visit by chkdsk /f will do wonders:blink:

Originally posted by scriptasylum
What about "emptying" alll the restore points except the most current one? Just click the Disk Cleanup button, then click the "More Options" tab. Then select the "Clean Up..." option under the "System Restore" area. This will delete all restore points except the most current one. I've recoved over a GB of room before doing this.

o ok

O.k:
  • System Restore just over writes things, some of the things that were on there before will stay .
  • If you do a system restore do a "system Recover" - otherwards, delete the partition, recreat the partition, reinstall the os
more than like what happen is that the restore didn't get rid of things ... A system recover should ;)

i'm not talkin about system restore.
anyway it took half of my hard drive empty. it was like 7.20 gigs right now its like 9.30 gigs. so tahts good sh*t, cause i deleted all the system restore points

Originally posted by _DM_
i'm not talkin about system restore.
anyway it took half of my hard drive empty. it was like 7.20 gigs right now its like 9.30 gigs. so tahts good sh*t, cause i deleted all the system restore points

Ahh .. the system restore points - I don't use those ,,,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back