Uninstaling problem

P

pj56

Hello.

I´v upgraded my computer from Win98 to XP pro.

After the upgrade i wanted to uninstall an old version of NERO Burning.

The problem is that i couldn´t find NERO under "Add/remove programs" in XP.

I have tried to install a new version of NERO, but the installer keeps telling me that there is an older version installed and that i have to remove the old version first.

A freind told me that i should delete the complete NERO folder under programs. I did that, but now the folder is gone an the installer still keeps telling me that there is an older version that i have to delete.

What can i do ??
How do i delete the rest of the old version.

Sorry for my bad english.

Søren
Denmark

You will need to remove the registry entry for the older Nero software.

1. Run/regedit
2. drill down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ and look for any entries for NERO.
3. Delete the entries

If you deleted the Nero directory you deleted the uninstall file used to remove all (or most) registry entries. You might also have to do a search in the registry to see if there are any other entries of Nero.

Good Luck!

Your not gonna want to hear this, but your probably gonna run into alot of problems since you did an upgrade....

From my xp-erience :) XP is not upgrade friendly, if possible you might considering backing up anything important and doing a clean install..I know it's a pain but the benefits outweigh the costs.

You will need to remove the registry entry for the older Nero software.

1. Run/regedit
2. drill down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ and look for any entries for NERO.
3. Delete the entries

If you deleted the Nero directory you deleted the uninstall file used to remove all (or most) registry entries. You might also have to do a search in the registry to see if there are any other entries of Nero.

Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back