Unhandled exception anyone?

Hi, I'm not too sure this is in the correct forum - apologies if it is'nt :)

My friend applied the latest update to his DJ software program Traktor DJ Studio. He updated from 2.5.3 to 2.6.1

The program was working flawlessly before this update and now he's experiencing random crashes...he keeps getting an "unhandled exception" error. I've listed the crash logs and was wondering if anyone could shed any light on it. I know it's a big ask but even if anyone could tell me what certain things in it mean? e.g...what is an "unhandled exception"?

Thanks...all help appreciated, Colin.

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION

Logged at Monday, February 28, 2005 04:41:38
FileVersion: 2.6.1.22
ProductVersion: 2.6.0.0

Exception Code: 0xC0000005
Exception Addr: 0x001B:0x004A79C5
Exception Module: TraktorDJStudio2.exe
Exception Description: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION, Attempt to read from address 0x0C482000

The memory could not be "read"

Call Stack Trace:
2) AudioControlAutomate::getAutomatedValues() [AudioControlAutomate.cpp:490]
1) AudioControlAutomate::getAutomatedValues() [AudioControlAutomate.cpp:490]

Logged at Monday, February 28, 2005 04:42:46

Exception Description: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION, Attempt to read from address 0x0A002000

Call Stack Trace:

Logged at Monday, February 28, 2005 04:43:15

Exception Description: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION, Attempt to read from address 0x0A002000

Call Stack Trace:

Logged at Monday, February 28, 2005 04:43:24

Call Stack Trace:

try reverting back to the old Traktor DJ Studio and that is weird why did you get that I updated my with no problem???

This error usually means the RAM is bad. Hopefully this is not the case this time as it would be a strange coincident. Plus it's just Traktor that isn't working, right?

An unhandled exception is pretty much what it says, it's an exception that isn't handled by the software. Exceptions aren't bad per se, they are often used to report back if something goes wrong during a function call. For instance if the disk is full when saving a file or the user types in text instead of a number or the program can't find a server on the internet and so on. Someone explained it like a baseball. If something goes wrong, the function "throws the ball" straight back. Normally these are taken care of in the software, so you never notice them. But if no handler "catches the ball" it pretty much goes straight through the program, out of your screen and hits you in the head. Well maybe not, but you get the picture. ;) The developers of Traktor obviously didn't think that memory couldn't be "read", so they didn't make a handler for it.

Anyway, enough tech babble. ;) Something probably went wrong during installation. I'd remove the whole thing and install it from scratch again. That hopefully works. :)

Damn that was long...

Mastershakes said:
You could also try reinstalling/upgrading your sound drivers.
this also sounds like a sane idea because Sound Drivers could be casing that Ungandled Exception Error as well. So check up on your drivers in System Setting

Hey thanks guys for all your replies...I forgot to mention that he has re-installed it 6 or 7 times...still the same

synical33....
synical33 said:
try reverting back to the old Traktor DJ Studio and that is weird why did you get that I updated my with no problem???
Are you using a laptop or PC - Windows or MAC?

Zedric... Thanks for the info - really appreciated mate :)

Mastershakes...I'll tell him to try updating drivers. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back