Underworld

Sazar

Rest In Peace
nice little flick... saw this last week but did not see a thread on it in the forums :)

kate beckinsale did a good job overall... my best m8 has the uber hots for her... :) but anyways...

special effects are nutty... story is so-so.. having its moments and being a little off in others...

acting... well its interesting... some guys show a total lack of ability... others are pretty decent... kate beckinsale holds it together with her quiet/dark/brooding performance IMO...

the action sequences are decent enough though the small budget for the movie is VERY clearly visible in some of the areas... but it doesn't detract much...

the ending leaves a very, very clear opening for a sequel... it practically SCREAMS for one and it is very likely this will be forthcoming.. specially concerning the small budget of this joint... :)

anyways... onto the rating... I give it 3/5 ntfs stars... barely 3... kate beckinsale in tight leather outfits pushes it over the top.. :cool:

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Sazar, what part of Tampa Bay?

currently residing in Odessa.. just off of the suncoast parkway...

Originally posted by SnookBooger
You know New Port Richey (right off US19)?

yes.. I go to play badminton @ holiday all the time... so I am not too far off of there... I do take 19 down occasionally... you live in new port richey?

not been to the cinema for ages. not been to tampa for even longer ;)

The big gripe that I had was that the story pacing was poor; they didn't reveal the plot at the right times to help you relate to the story. Overall, it was all right, but a better director would have really made this movie shine.

By the way, it's movies like this that encourage silly goth kids to run around thinking they are vampires and write laughable blogs.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
The big gripe that I had was that the story pacing was poor; they didn't reveal the plot at the right times to help you relate to the story. Overall, it was all right, but a better director would have really made this movie shine.

By the way, it's movies like this that encourage silly goth kids to run around thinking they are vampires and write laughable blogs.

you mean to tell me you didnt know what was going to happen the moment the elder vamp was awakened ? ;)

it was pretty obvious to me once lucien's character was shown that he was not all bad...

its a shame lucien was killed off so easily.. specially since he was responsible for the uprising so to speak.. but whatever...

I didn't try to predict how the plot would go, it's the pacing I had a problem with. "IS THIS A FIGHT SCENE OR A SUSPENSE SCENE? FREAKING MAKE UP YOUR MIND, MOVIE". It was scenes like that, where it would alternate between fighting and suspense every 15 seconds. That's the director's fault. A new (or just improved) director would have made this a great movie, and changing should help in the sequel--assuming there is one, of course.

I swear there was another Underworld thread

I love it. Loved the story loved the action, all of it. Cracking stuff, v.sexah!

Only slight complaint is that the Vampires (except that elder bloke) come of as a bit wussy, specially compared to the Lycon's

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
not been to the cinema for ages. not been to tampa for even longer ;)

I'm curious what is the time messurement for "ages" is it days, weeks, months, years?? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back