Uncapping Cable Modems

S

SeeKerS

Uncapping Cable Modems is legal or not. I got a friend with adelphia power link in souther california and his speeds ranged 1.6 to 1.8 testing them in www.speedguide.net
Another thing i heard cable companies limit your downloads to 2.5 gigs in every month. if thats true hahahah thats ridiculous speed is good but i donwload huge amounts gigs. I need to know if they do limit your downloads if not i am switching to cable.

Originally posted by SeeKerS

Another thing i heard cable companies limit your downloads to 2.5 gigs in every month. if thats true hahahah thats ridiculous speed is good but i donwload huge amounts gigs. I need to know if they do limit your downloads if not i am switching to cable.
Some cable companies limit how much you can download per month, some don't. You'd have to call your local cable compay and ask.

yup, i've seen a bill for someone in australia that charges a fee per meg after you hit your limit. his bill with over $30000

Originally posted by dijital
yup, i've seen a bill for someone in australia that charges a fee per meg after you hit your limit. his bill with over $30000
Holy chit!! :eek:

holy sh1t!!!!!!!!!!

Man that would hurt ur wallet!

Uncapping Cable modems is ILLEGAL

As for the gig a month stuff that just depends on the ISP I download well over 35 gig a month and upload about 10

Companies such as AT&T have a policy of banning people who uncap their modems from the service...and I don't mean ban..apologize get service back..I mean they are banned for life from getting cable modem service through AT&T Broadband this is no joke there is a guy on www.DSLreports.com who made the front page because he is begging them to get his acct back but they already said nope heh

yeah, im with Telstra Bigpond ADSL (im from australia), it costs me A$89 per month. 512kbs download, 256 upload. i get 3g/b per bonth download and they charge me 20 cents for every meg i go over that. fucking tight arsed buggars.

ive got the shits with them, but due to there being only two companies offering cable, and the fact that i cant get cable to my house AND Telstra is the only company selling ADSL, im stuck.

expensive crappy broadband Vs cheap slow crappy dial up.

J:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back