• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Uncapping Cable Modems

S

SeeKerS

Uncapping Cable Modems is legal or not. I got a friend with adelphia power link in souther california and his speeds ranged 1.6 to 1.8 testing them in www.speedguide.net
Another thing i heard cable companies limit your downloads to 2.5 gigs in every month. if thats true hahahah thats ridiculous speed is good but i donwload huge amounts gigs. I need to know if they do limit your downloads if not i am switching to cable.

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Originally posted by SeeKerS

Another thing i heard cable companies limit your downloads to 2.5 gigs in every month. if thats true hahahah thats ridiculous speed is good but i donwload huge amounts gigs. I need to know if they do limit your downloads if not i am switching to cable.
Some cable companies limit how much you can download per month, some don't. You'd have to call your local cable compay and ask.

D

dijital

yup, i've seen a bill for someone in australia that charges a fee per meg after you hit your limit. his bill with over $30000

Uncapping Cable modems is ILLEGAL

As for the gig a month stuff that just depends on the ISP I download well over 35 gig a month and upload about 10

Companies such as AT&T have a policy of banning people who uncap their modems from the service...and I don't mean ban..apologize get service back..I mean they are banned for life from getting cable modem service through AT&T Broadband this is no joke there is a guy on www.DSLreports.com who made the front page because he is begging them to get his acct back but they already said nope heh

S

seeme

yeah, im with Telstra Bigpond ADSL (im from australia), it costs me A$89 per month. 512kbs download, 256 upload. i get 3g/b per bonth download and they charge me 20 cents for every meg i go over that. fucking tight arsed buggars.

ive got the shits with them, but due to there being only two companies offering cable, and the fact that i cant get cable to my house AND Telstra is the only company selling ADSL, im stuck.

expensive crappy broadband Vs cheap slow crappy dial up.

J:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown