Unbelievable customer comments!!

Steely

OSNN Addict
We've just had a conversation with one of customer regarding a password reset, goes something like this:

Coversation between ICTS Technician & customer on Monday 5th August 2002

Technician:- I have reset your password to MONDAY. You'll be prompted to enter a new password when you next logon.

Customer:- What this monday or next monday????

Technician:- ??????????????

*Possibly the BEST thing heard all year!!*

Anyone else had bizarre responses from customers?? We're supporting 3500 users, all of them with the same IQ!!! Help!!!

Maybe a common good one:

How many times did I ask customers to turn off the computer and then to switch it back on, to hear them say "it's still the same thing, nothing's changed..."

What they understand is that I ask them to turn off the screen as if it would change anything to their problems...

I know it isn't their main interest to know how a computer works, but people don't have to be this stupid !

a lot of the time u get told "restart ur computer" just 2 buy some time, 1 convo i had i restarted bout 10 times,+ he still didn't fix the problem.

This is not to do with computers but it was great. The Commonwealth bank rang me trying to sell life insurance. In 1998 I changed my surname. His response after this was "is your address still the same." Which I replied to "yes." He then came up with " and is your date of birth still the same."

Whoi can beat that one for stupidity.

my dad has an anyique store, and people that visit frequently will almost always ask;

"Do you have anything new to show me?"

Service calls

I know what you mean about supporting new users.
A customer gets on the phone to complain about his new machine.
"It doesn't work," he says. "I spent all this money and you sold me a machine that doesn't even turn on."
I asked him the routine questions; did you hook everything up right, is the monitor plugged in?
At this he exclaimed "What do you think, that I'm stupid?!!!" "Of course I plugged it in!!!"
"So, did you turn the switch on the monitor to 'on'?" I continued.

"There's a switch on the monitor???" was his encredulous reply.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back