unable to view images

S

seeya

hi people

i'm facing a problem where some images i can't view. especially on gamespot.com. whereas my friend is able to view them. i'm using xp home he is using xp pro. so, here is my proof

my xp home machine
image error.jpg

my friend's xp pro machine
ss.jpg

unfortunately no...one too many beers has clouded my thought processses:D

Have a look in your Internet Options. See if you can use the settings that I have shown in the attachment.

If it matches then sorry, I dunno!:( :blink:

have you by chance blocked them with an ad killer or such??

Originally posted by Jason Roberts
Have a look in your Internet Options. See if you can use the settings that I have shown in the attachment.

If it matches then sorry, I dunno!:( :blink:

i did the same still cannot view them ...

This is a known problem after applying Service Pack 1 for Internet Explorer (included in WinXP SP1). For some users, not all, gif pictures show up only as these little red x. Seems there is no real explanation or solution found yet.
So if you can exclude that any firewall or adblocker setting is responsible for it, you probably have to live with it for a while.

Originally posted by yoyo
This is a known problem after applying Service Pack 1 for Internet Explorer (included in WinXP SP1). For some users, not all, gif pictures show up only as these little red x. Seems there is no real explanation or solution found yet.
So if you can exclude that any firewall or adblocker setting is responsible for it, you probably have to live with it for a while.

did have this problem before i use the adblocker. did have this problem before i use the firewall. so guess it's the window problem ... :(

Hi, really they are nice pics, the problem can be the java scrip, install a new java you find in the web and you problems go out ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back