Unable to run themes & make chanes on Desktop

C

comancheclint

For several months now I’ve from time to time been attempting to run Windows Visual Styles Files (Themes) on my computer, but I cannot get any of them to work. It has become so frustrating & I feel incredible stupid in not understanding what I might be doing wrong. Either I’m missing something <or> there is something wrong with my computer because although other people seem to have no trouble with changing themes using PatchXP1, it doesn’t seem to work for me. It’s my understanding that by using PatchXP1 (I have XP Version 2002) is suppose to patch the uxtheme.dll file in Windows to allow Windows to load unsigned themes with custom visual styles from 'Display Properties' without needing any additional software. When I go & download themes from www.Belchfire.net & try to run them nothing comes up in my Display Properties Window. Like I said, this isn’t something that I’ve tried once or twice; I’ve downloaded various different Visual Styles Files at this site only to have myself become more aggravated. The themes there are just GREAT & so COOL!

So I thought, screw it I’ll manually make my own changes to my likings in my Displays Properties. This was when I realized that under the Appearance tab (Display Properties) I’m able to make changes to items like, Desktop, Selected Items, & Tooltips (colors), however items such as Active Title Bar & 3D Objects when I click on “Apply” the changes (color) will not take place. Might somebody here be willing to give me some ideas on what I might not understand or am doing wrong? Every time I tell myself just to give up, but I tend on being a stubborn individual.

Thanks

sorry

I deeply apologize for reposting the same question. I didn't think that my orignal post went through....

Might be best if you continued on with your first post about this. Double posting only confuses the matter. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back