Unable to Overburn

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Well, I've got an Artec 32x/something/40x CD-RW drive

I have Nero...

I am unable to burn a 702MB Video File into a 700MB CD.

So I enable overburn, I put at most, overburn to 120minutes, at it still, still says that there is not enough space on the CD.

What to do? :(

I believe your burner has to support overburn and Im not sure if yours does or not. I assume we are talking divx here cause it sounds about the size of a divx movie. If you havnt compressed it yet try winrar. Should take another 2 or 3 megs off the file size.

Thanks Guys. My burner is ****, I'm getting a 52x burner this weekend.

:( I can't stand it anymore, it won't do anything.

Wound up editing a part of my home video out, the ending credits. Dammit, it said funny things in the end :eek: :confused:

Almost all of the new drives support overburning, but some of the old ones dont.

Originally posted by Nick M
So I enable overburn, I put at most, overburn to 120minutes, at it still, still says that there is not enough space on the CD.
120 minutes?!? normal cd's hold 80... what makes you think you can get 50% more on there? try 90 minutes, first. if that works, try 99. if that works, consider yourself lucky.

Taurus, I know that. I meant I pushed it as far up as it would go ( program ) , because I got pissed off it wouldn't overburn by a minute!

Over Burning

Whoever said "I think your Hardware has to support it" is correct. Overburning is burning past what the "Detected" media size is. On my plextor 401240A I can overburn 99min on a 80m CD. I do recommend for quality purposes using Taiyo Yuden brand since they have tested to be the best CD media made. You can get 100 80 min CD's on a spindle for 29 (35 with S&H) from here http://store.yahoo.com/cdrplanet/tyd80sibls-600-100.html

:cool: PEACE:cool:

I am unable to burn a 702MB Video File into a 700MB CD.
You should be able to do this without overburning. I've got several avi's that are 703MB and they fit on 1 CD without overburning.

ive burned 705mb divx files to a 700mb/80min cd using nero without overburning with no problems... perhaps its software too?

You must burn "Disc at Once" to do an overburn cd. I believe the default setting is "track at once". Anyway, I had the same problem and this fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back