• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unable to install windows updates

D

Doxtr111

Strangest thing past two weeks or so. I have XP w/sp-1 installed w/o complications, however, lately each time I download and attempt to install the last 3 critical updates, my 'puter crashes and restarts. This happens the second the updates begins installing. Any thoughts?

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
No thoughts just yet, but I downloaded the latest ones last night, (think there were about 4 that I had to get) and I froze on install.

So I restarted and booted right into a bsod. Tells me to check all latest drivers that were installed (which was none) and to try system recovery.

So I restored to the previous night and I'm still getting the blue screen of death when I turn the comp off.

Haven't had time to really look into a fix yet but I'm very unhappy about having this problem only after updating windows.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Others have been having the same problem. Glad I didn't rush off & install them. Like you said.......enough is enough. Patching will never end & sometimes it kills more than protects. We are talking Microsoft though aren't we. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies