Unable to connect to sites with IE

Interesting comment about prohibited sites.

I have 2 secure sites (Credit card/ Bank) which will connect with IE6 ,with passwords, everytime, but when I attempt with IE6 SP1 with the same settings, they indicate that my security encryption is not 128 bit and that Iam using IE5 , requesting a download of the up to date Explorer version!!

So dont laugh when someone else comes up with something similar !

Originally posted by RogerPhillis
Interesting comment about prohibited sites.

I have 2 secure sites (Credit card/ Bank) which will connect with IE6 ,with passwords, everytime, but when I attempt with IE6 SP1 with the same settings, they indicate that my security encryption is not 128 bit and that Iam using IE5 , requesting a download of the up to date Explorer version!!

So dont laugh when someone else comes up with something similar !

To get into secure sites like that with sp1 you have to go to internet options/advanced and in the security settings disable "use TLS 1.0"

I just thought I would pass this on, I just found this the other day. It could be the cause, as hard/software is different on all computers.

What may go wrong Having system utilities such as antivirus and system configuration utilities running during the installation of service packs, has been known to cause a some problems ranging from stopping the installation from completing, to extremely slow performance after installation of the service pack.
Problem
"I installed Service Pack 1 and now all attachments in Outlook Express have been deleted.”

Resolution
Firstly the attachments have not been deleted. This is part of Microsoft's commitment to improving security and reducing the chances of viri and malware causing damage. The situation is that the service pack enables by default an option that has been available with Outlook Express 6 since its initial release. The main point is that the attachments have not been deleted but access has been removed to reduce the chances of damage to the system. Configuring Outlook Express Virus Protection features is covered in the knowledge base article <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q291387>
To disable the attachment security in Outlook Express and make all attachments available:
In Outlook Express, click Tools, point to Options, and then click on the Security tab
Click to clear the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box
Click OK
Close Outlook Express
Open Outlook Express and the attachments should now be able to be opened and saved
Problem
"I use more than one email account in Outlook Express using identities and since I installed the service pack I can only access one of the accounts.”

Resolution
This issue is covered in the knowledge base article at <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q329084>.

To work around this problem, configure Outlook Express to prompt you for an identity at startup:
In Outlook Express, click File, point to Identities, and then click Manage Identities
Click to clear the Use this identity when starting a program check box
Click Close
This will allow the user to select which identity to use when starting Outlook Express.

Problem
“I installed SP1 and now I cannot connect to the Net using either my ADSL or a dialup connection. I also cannot create a new connection of these types as the options are greyed out in the wizard.”
Resolution
“This is caused by two damaged registry keys. In order to fix this problem the two registry keys need to be deleted.”
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Click Start, and the click Run
In the Open box, type:
“X”:\spacks\xpsp1_en_x86\Rasman\FixSP1RAS.vbs
(Where “X” is the letter of your CD ROM, for example D:\)
Click OK
After the script has run and been closed, restart the Computer.

ejm

Its almost inevitable that some software will not function properly if you install SP1 after you've installed software, drivers. SP1 and all of M$ wonderful security fixes, fixes, fixes......etc,..
SP1 should be installed firstly after a fresh install of the OS.
And secondly, and I know I'll get hammered on this but anybody running Outlook Express is just asking for trouble. Its almost like MSN Messenger. Just another opening for M$ to allow advertisers and crazies to drop little nasties in your rigs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back