Unable to connect to sites with IE

That did'nt work either - I think it's time for a restore GRR !! :(

Oh well ,, I was thinking about doing it again anyhow ...

I had the same problem awhile ago and, like you was pulling my hair out. It turned out to be a DNS resolution error and I ended up doing a re-install of XP. I re-booted with my CD as primary boot and continued from there. This stopped me from ever using a registry cleaner again

Originally posted by roban
I had the same problem awhile ago and, like you was pulling my hair out. It turned out to be a DNS resolution error and I ended up doing a re-install of XP. I re-booted with my CD as primary boot and continued from there. This stopped me from ever using a registry cleaner again

Ya know that could be it - I have System Mechanic and Reg Cleaner, it would be wierd though because this is the first time I had this prob with using them ..

Thanx for the info ..

Did you check your HOSTS file?

C:\%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

Check and make sure that adobe.com is not included in the list with a 127.0.0.1 address.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Ok. I got a step further - It is a dns error: I did'nt see it in the "Hosts" file.

The url that shows up is this:
  • _http://search.msn.com/dnserror.aspx?FORM=DNSAS&q=www.adobe.com_
hmm .. It is def being blocked somewhere ...

You have a corrupt local host file go here for a workaround:

http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/faq.html#3

I removed all the sites added to the host file (most of them were added when Kazaalite was installed) - That did'nt work ..

Try getting to the site using the IP address... 192.150.14.120 If you can get there using the IP then it definately is something with the DNS.

Un4gIvEn1, you and I both agree on the DNS issue. I posted that same IP earlier in this thread, but it didn't work. lechtard, it seems that you are making some progress with it, and I would recommend that you keep trying to resolve it and hold off on the restore for a bit longer. If we can figure out what is doing this, then hopefully you won't ever have the problem again. I'll post again if I can find another possible solution. :)

Thanx alot for the help all - I would like to know what is causing this myself .. It is anoying though because Adobe is'nt the only site it does this with ..

I did something I thought I would never do - I installed service pack 1,, it did'nt help either ..

Originally posted by lechtard
I did something I thought I would never do - I installed service pack 1,, it did'nt help either ..

Hahaha... sorry that didn't help. However, it's probably best that you installed it. That way you can get the recent updates that fix the various RPC vulnerabilities that have been found. Nasty stuff. :eek:

Originally posted by muzikool
Hahaha... sorry that didn't help. However, it's probably best that you installed it. That way you can get the recent updates that fix the various RPC vulnerabilities that have been found. Nasty stuff. :eek:

I'm thinking about taking it out though - I'm finding with it installed I can't run some of my programs ..

Anyhow - I think I am just going to do a reformat and see what that does, if it don't work I'm going to call my isp and ask them what is going on, maybe they will find some answers in that big black book they call a helper ..

you could always find a diffrent DNS server to try, manually set the new dns server in yout tcp/ip properties.

That's not a bad idea GoNz0... why didn't I think of that?! :)

guess what all - I FIXED IT !! :D :D

What I found was that the setting for the server changed, so I had to reset them in the tc/ip for the router - I would like to thank gonzo because if he had'nt said about using another dns server I would have never thought to look at the tc/ip settings :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back