Ultra DMA confusion

Z

ZipTriX

I have an Asus CRW-4012A (40x12x48x Cd-RW Drive). According to the Asus Website, it says that highest my drive supports is Ultra DMA 2. Well XP has it set to multi-word DMA mode 2.

I also have a Toshiba SD-M1401 (10x40x DVD Rom). I have no idea what it supports, since the website doesn't say. XP has it, also set to multi-word DMA mode 2.

Lastly I have a Sony CDU5221 (52x CD Rom). According to the Sony Website, the highest is supports is multi-word UDMA Mode 2. Xp has it set to Ultra DMA mode 2. I assume that multi-word UDMA 2 is the same as Ultra DMA 2?
This is my IDE setup:
IDE 1: Primary is the Asus CDRW and Secondary is the Toshiba DVD
IDE 2: Primary is the Sony CD Rom and Secondary is a Zip250 drive.
I thought Ultra DMA is better then multi-word? If so, how do I do the following:
1) Set the CDRW to Ultra DMA mode 2?
2) Set the DVD to whatever its highest DMA mode is?

There are no jumpers to enable DMA modes. I have already looked.
Also, how do I check to see if my hard drives are running at their highest DMA mode? I have 4 Maxtors, which are all ATA133.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back