UK - OEM Media Centre 2005 Remote

Does it include the drivers/software?

One other question, does it only work with Media Centres only?

Read the fine print ;)
* To Take full advantage of this remote control and its functions, Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition needs to be installed (NOT INCLUDED WITH THIS ITEM).
** A TV card is required for recording.
1, Microsoft OEM Operating system software MUST be purchased with a non-peripheral hardware component or fully assembled computer system. Non-peripheral hardware consists of a motherboard, graphics card, memory module, hard disk, keyboard or mouse. 2, Microsoft OEM Application\Server software Must be purchase with a fully assembled computer system only. Full retail boxed products must be ordered if no hardware\PC system is to accompany the sale.

i have a media center and the remote is a usb detected device that emulates key presses (eHome controls) so it should work with all flavours of windows although the media center specific (green button) controls will have no relevance in a non media center environment.

Well I think if I had the option of installing Media Centre / Center 2005 I would do it, even tho I am perfectly happy with my current system. It would mean I could hook it up to my TV better, but not only that when the Xbox media extenders arrive in this country I will be all set.

Attacking eBay now to try and get a copy ;D
Will nip out tonight to PC world and buy a tv card or 2... is there is a list of compatible tv cards anywhere?

yeah, found that after.
don't think my wireless router is on the list of supported products !!! no!!!

:)
ordered mce 2005, now for tv cards... tho I use sky digital :s.
ah well worth a go.

Electronic Punk said:
:)
ordered mce 2005, now for tv cards... tho I use sky digital :s.
ah well worth a go.

I do believe that most tv cards have the RCA/phono connections. Not much help when it comes to auto detect/switch, like you would experience on a 21-pin scart connection on the tv. But at least it's something that enables you to connect your Sky box to your pc I guess.

Will hopefully get the remote tomorrow, perhaps the os.
No idea what to do then.

Hoping I can somehow get a signal from my skybox to the input of whatever tv card.

the sotware and remote have arrived, gotta go pick em up at the depot.
Tonight I format... bhwhaha :s

:d

Attachments

• wmce.jpg
    wmce.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 141

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back