UK - Custom Fees?

Moonwraith

OSNN Veteran Addict
Hey all,

This is mainly towards people in the UK that have ordered previously from america!

My brother's hoping to order some memory from ebay.com but i'm tryingto work out for him if it's actually worth him ordering it, paydelivery, then the chance of customs searching fees compared to justbuying over here.

I've never ordered anything overseas before - anyone know the chanceof/approximate price of customs sneaking through my bro's package? (yesi know how dodgy that could sound..)

Thanks a lot!

-Wraith

Customs is charged on anything over £18. There's a slight chance it might get through otherwise depending on the packaging.

you will be charged 17.5% VAT plus a customs charge (usually isn't much depending on the original price) and Royal mail charge of about £4-5 if its delivered by them

Ah damn yeah; The current bid is $300, there or there-abouts.

I think the bloke said the delivery is only $10 which seemed a bit low but <shrugs>

Did u say he was ordering memory from ebay? Seems like $300 is alot for memory or did i miss something?

you'll get an import duty from £2 upwards + VAT @ 17.5% of the value of the goods + VAT at 17.5% on delivery :)

Enjoy

good moonwraith, just have your brother put the memory in his pocket or in the suitcase and just dont declare it. whats so hard, am i the only smuggler here or something? :)

Hmmmm - He passed down the option, he hadn't heard of customs :lick:

Cheers for the info though people, I'll keep that in mind for future orders

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back