UK ADSL Providers

I only seem to be getting crap download speeds after I requested my migration code. Previously I was able to get the full 730KB/s out of my line.

I've just had problems with drop-outs and was basically after a cheaper ISP with comparable/improved service. Doesn't look like one exists though :(

hehe, I googled and got this god knows what they are like though. Site looks a wee bit amateurish.

I've not heard any reports of Sky Broadband but they can get up to 16mb at quite cheap per month.

Best. Site. Ever. :p :D

Looks like they only provide 8mb to LLU exchanges though, so I can't even get 8mb with them :D

Sky are the same, can only get the fast stuff from an LLU exchange.

I may just move. :D

Mrgh, just found out that Pipex actually own Nildram and have done for about 2 years now. You learn something new every day.

Yeah, but if you move to Pipex then you get improved HoffPower to your line.

Teh Hoff scares me. Not to mention Pipex filter P2P to within an inch of its life :D

I've still not found a decent replacement for Nildram :(

Yeah, but if you move to Pipex then you get improved HoffPower to your line.

don't touch pipex with someone else's barge pole - hoff or no hoff!

absolutely appalling - and you are tied to 12 month contract, regardless of the less than dial speeds they provide.

currently trying to get out the contract - hence enquiries about nildram
have heard good things - but could they be going pear shaped as they are owned by pipex?
at least you are only tied to a monthly contract...

pipex are getting there hands on a lot of stuff which goes down hill rapidly.

Really I recommedn bethere for LLU enabled folks and Zen for non LLU folks.

Found a list of Bad ISPs for BitTorrent stuff while reading Wired. Might help you out beedy.

There's not a UK ISP on that list which doesn't filter P2P or reduce bandwidth.

Great state the UK's connectivity is in :(

I recently heard Wizard could be useful - going to check them out...

well - yah - was actually reading the Grauniad - so maybe that counts?

Anyway - i have come across this awards thinger which may be useful or may be skewed, but gave me a couple of ideas anyway

just FYI, anyone looking to sign up with Be if you use the promotion code "christmas" (no quotes) you'll get free connection... I just used it to get Be on my newly activated phone line.

Stop mocking us with your 'Be' connectivity! :p

They need to spread the LLU-ness more :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back