uh oh new monitor is acting up!!

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i just got a new monitor and its kinda doing the same thing as my old one. it will turn black for 1 sec then come up again. for my old monitor i knew it was doing that b/c it was old and etc. But I don';t know why my new one is doing it? ( BTW its running @ 1024 x 768 @ 72hz) It said it recommended 800x600 @ 80mhz but w/e. I hope I didn't put the refresh rate too high, im 99% sure i didn't so i think the problem is the graphics card or mobo? probably the mobo b/c its really gay and has been doing freaky things lately!!! as you know from my other thread i will be definitely geting a new mobo soon!!! Give me any info if you know any.

it could be mobo issues tho rite.....hmm maybe i should get a mobo with built in video *gf4mx?

prodj88 said:
i just got a new monitor and its kinda doing the same thing as my old one. it will turn black for 1 sec then come up again. for my old monitor i knew it was doing that b/c it was old and etc. But I don';t know why my new one is doing it? ( BTW its running @ 1024 x 768 @ 72hz) It said it recommended 800x600 @ 80mhz but w/e. I hope I didn't put the refresh rate too high, im 99% sure i didn't so i think the problem is the graphics card or mobo? probably the mobo b/c its really gay and has been doing freaky things lately!!! as you know from my other thread i will be definitely geting a new mobo soon!!! Give me any info if you know any.
i would think any new monitor should be able to handle 1024x768 @ 72hz easy theses days .. I would likely suspect the graphics card as well ... what monitor is it? also what power saving features do you have enabled .. perhaps its "sleeping" and your bringing it back?

i think i have the same exact issue as you. mine does it about once a week, where i'll be looking at a page then the lcd will go black for a second and come back. happened to my friend too with a different chipset, monitor, and video card. the only common was they were both ti4200's. only started doing it after a certain driver release, too. and never during gaming.
:confused:

prodj88 said:
are there any disadvantages to microATx's?
nope. just they usually include less extra features than the full-atx boards for space and cost purposes. same speed and functionality, though. well, minus 2 or 3 pci slots.

Taurus said:
nope. just they usually include less extra features than the full-atx boards for space and cost purposes. same speed and functionality, though. well, minus 2 or 3 pci slots.
some might see those as disadvantages hehe

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back