uh oh - lost DVD and CD

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
OK - I have to be honest right up front - I did something pretty stupid (I know that now). I tried to upgrade the firmware in my DVD R/W with a flash and it failed.

Afterwards I found I had lost both the DVD and my CD R/W - ouch!

I have since unplugged power and IDE ribbon from my DVD to try to restore CD, but it is disabled by device manager and cannot re-enable (code 26). The CD was master and DVD was slave (now unplugged).

I have found manufacturers firmware online for DVD and may later try that as last resort (it's a BTC dual 1004IE) - the CD was an optiwrite.

Have I ended up with two very expensive paperweights? Or is there any hope for me?

my cdrw was playing up........so as a last resort i updated the firmwear................. it total screwed it :(

phew - CD back!

phew - two reboots and a reinstall later - I have my CD back at least I may be down to just one paperweight.... now I guess I gotta try manufacturers flash on the DVD - anyone think I have a hope of reviving it? I'd never even had a chance to use it either :eek:

C'ant be worse than it is now , I would give it a go but I know I had a burner was an Optorite and I flashed the firmware and it was never the same after I tried to find the original firmware for it but never did , I was not impressed with the optorite and I had always used Lite-On before that , I went back to Lite-On and thats all I will use from now on :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back