UEFA video problems

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
Friend using Firefox with flip4mac installed and trying to play videos of previous matches in wmedia format. I tried configuring the browser and quicktime to play these videos but the website says macintosh platforms are not supported. If i get flip4mac configured properly will it override the macintosh not supported?

I'm not a mac user so I have no idea...he bought a mac and I'm just trying to help in any way I can.

we installed it, is there a certain step we need to take to tell the browser to use to VLC to play this type of file? Just in the regular Firefox settings?

not sure as i dont really use it - i use mplayer with the mplayer-plugin - but that should work on mac too, best bet would be to look on the vlc site and look at the docs section, should have all the info there you will need

the website says macintosh platforms are not supported.

If the website say's not supported, then the website is probably part of the problem as it's most likely not even attempting to send the video.

One thing to try is to lie to the website by changing Firefox's user agent string.

Enter "about:" (no quotes) in the URL text box and you'll see what Firefox reports - mine shows Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/2008070205 Firefox/2.0.0.16

The website parses that string, sees "Macintosh" and decides you're not worthy to receive the video.

Here's a list of user agent strings that Firefox reports.

To change yours do the following:
1) enter "about:config" (no quotes) in the URL text box
2) right-click in the list of preferences
3) select NEW->STRING
4) for preference name use: general.useragent.override
5) for value use one of the Window's strings from the above list, such as: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; fr; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1

You'll know you did it correctly when the "about:" screen shows the new User Agent String.

If you want to revert to the original user string just right-click on "general.useragent.override" and select Reset. You can enter "useragent" in the Filter: box so you don't have to manually search the list.

phenomenal!! I will attempt that string with him when he comes over again.

and tdinc, we have flip4mac installed...it didn't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back