UDMA 100 not kicking in?

K

Kylie

I have the MSI Kt7 with raid [disabled]
I boot off a ATA100 promise card, due to issues with the on-board raid.

I have ata100 enabled within XP.

Using HDTACH I only get a transfer of 62mb, yet when I first got the mobo it went off the scale!!

Can anyone advise why I am not getting ATA100 transfer rates anymore?

Have you checked if it still on?

HDD:s will show slower and slower transfer rates if you put more data on them. A full disk is much slower than an empty one. Fragmentation is a *****. :)

Have defragged with diskeeper 7.
I have checked its still on using tweak XP, but would be grateful if you could advise of the registry key to manually check.

thanks

62 meg a a second isn't all that bad, I know I'm not getting 100 meg a second on my ATA 100 RAID setup, but thats to be expected, does hte computer feel slow in anyway? If does you'd have cause for concern, but as it goes I can't see too much to worry about.

Its seems okay.... just one of those annoying things, its the why! its gone wrong that bugs me.

I hate giving up on things lol, I enjoy the learning curve and satisfaction when the damn thing does what "I" want it to do... not what it desides it will :)

K

Thats the way it goes, you'll never ever get a 100 meg a second transfer anyway, not even with the fastest hard drives in the world. IDE really is pretty poor for performance issues once your drive starts to fill up.

You only get near 100 meg a second with SCSI hardware and that costs a mint!!

I've got some SCSI gear, but it's pretty slow stuff (well ok thats due to the SCSI card) I once had a 18 gig Seagate Cheetah U160, that was a screamer at 10k RPM, and you did get about 130 meg a second with that thing !!

The atapi interface is always 1 step ahead of the hard drive for example if its ata 100 then thats the *MAX* data transfer not what speed it transfers data so your never gonna get higher than that... also depends on the quality of your hdd if you want higher transfer get 133 or scsi.:D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back