Ubuntu...

MdSalih

The Boss
hmm.. just got a visit from the parcel man.. with two large boxes.. fairly large boxes... in my name... i'm thinking... i haven't bought anything from ebay in a while.. wonder what surprise is in these boxes...

So sign the thing... close the door... open boxes up.. and masses upon masses of ubuntu CD's... aproximately in the region of 450 odd CDs!! .. and I only asked for 10 :( :( :(

They also gave me two POS (thats point of sale.. not piece of s**t :p.. although they are kinda tacky) stands :(

now what do i do with 450 odd usless CD's

Feel free to give me ideas... frisby/catapult comes to mind.. hmm

MdSalih

free prizes for osnn.net competition? :D

Sounds like you got someone like tittles order. :(

haha, distribute them to people u know that are tech savy / kinda tech savy trying to be cool YEAH LINUXERR DUDE

lol...wonder if my order got sent to u like xie said :p. I never did get mine and i know that my networking teacher would of wanted them :(.

would go with the school/uni thing, as there's no other place that can really distribute that many cd's to potential Linux users. Also try find a LUG that may take some off your hands, there's got to be one or more in Brum :)

use them in ur fireplace(if u have one) they will keep u warm, ohh ohh ohh! lol, hang one on the rear view mirror in ur car, LOL thats something u see all the time in the arab world, it soooo funny.

Throw one in the microwave, you get these really cool plasma pulses, but other than that..yep, uni!!

Evil Marge said:
Now that's a good idea Fishboy :)
thank you :D
themafia_69 said:
use them in ur fireplace(if u have one) they will keep u warm, ohh ohh ohh! lol, hang one on the rear view mirror in ur car, LOL thats something u see all the time in the arab world, it soooo funny.
lol true dat

falconguard said:
Throw one in the microwave, you get these really cool plasma pulses, but other than that..yep, uni!!
lol i did that once with a dead cd-rw i put in the microwave for 2 seconds and 2 electric strips ran across the cd i did like 5 times pretty cool

hmm.. interesting suggestions... my college has just got XP running on all computing machines.. at they went through hell to do that :p show them a new OS and think the technician will strangle me :p

Fireplace.. yeh sadly i don't have one :p - woulda been cool if I did.. can just imagine my neighbour phoning the firebrigade cos they smell smoke.. they're like that... stuck up ****ers

Big party sounds like the best bet :D

MdSalih

SPeedY_B said:
Also try find a LUG that may take some off your hands, there's got to be one or more in Brum :)
That's just what I was going to suggest.
We have a LUG here in uni, and they organize install-fests and tutorial sessions for new users and people who are interested in finding out more about Linux. I'm sure a LUG would be more than happy to take some of those off your hands, especially taking into account the fact that Ubuntu is probably one of the easiest distros to use for newbies. :)

MdSalih said:
So sign the thing... close the door... open boxes up..and masses upon masses of ubuntu CD's... aproximately in the region of450 odd CDs!! .. and I only asked for 10 :( :( :(

They also gave me two POS (thats point of sale.. not piece of s**t :p.. although they are kinda tacky) stands :(
Bwahaha, that's priceless. :D

Oh wait! I ordered 10 of those too! :nervous: :dead:

birmingham uni has a LUG or BSDUG one or the other :) the linux frmat website (linuxformat.co.uk) should have details.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back