UAT Christmas Tree

why, what is behind it?

why, what is behind it?

The tree is behind it. It is because of the fang shai. The flag has to be in that certain location or the "balance" could be thrown off. Which is a bunch of crap, but we have to live with it. We are trying to get another camera up.

Anyone know why all I see are X's.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 54
No idea, I can see the cams fine. Oh and btw what are people doing in there on a Sunday?

School work! UAT is a geek school, we spend an inordinate amount of time at school. The computers they have sitting in the commons are more powerful than most machines. For example, the machines you see them playing with are game development machines. For doing game development, they have physics cards in them. These physics cards do realtime calculations for rendering worlds, in terms of how gravity affects certain things. Also, they are used to render short movies, where gravity comes into play.

That said, all the school computers contain all the software needed for all classes, some of which costs over a few thousand dollars a piece. Most students will come in and use the school computers rather than taking the time to try to persuade a company to give them a license for educational use, or pirating it, since UAT tries to persuade students to be good digital citizens. That includes no stealing of software, music, or hacking illegally. Most if not all students try to abide by those standards as a way to show their commitment to the outside world that even-though they have the skills to hack anything out there, they don't need to.

As a side note, on Saturday and Sunday the school has quite a few people coming in also to just be able to work in peace on projects. On a normal school day it gets hectic and very busy, and finding a space to work in peace is usually not possible. Also, some clubs meet on Saturday or Sunday to discuss new game mods, reverse engineering and others. Yet others will come in on Saturday to write some software to control the Christmas tree over the internet :p

probably also for food, or is that all closed down at weekends?

probably also for food, or is that all closed down at weekends?

Since we don't have the dorms built yet (see cam6, so see how the building progresses slowly), no, there is no food on campus. The food on campus is also INSANELY expensive. It is cheaper to walk across the street to SubWay, or to Ceasars Pizza. Fry's Food and Drug also sells sandwiches.

actually food was ridiculously overpriced at my uni as well. only the beer was cheaper than going into town.

Ive fixed it for IE users. All you need to do is accept the ActiveX. Internet Explorer does not support Motion JPEG.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back