U.S. Open Playoff

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
Is anyone else watching this? Tiger Woods vs. Rocco Mediate in a full 18-hole playoff. They're at the 18th hole now. Amazing.

Sudden death now. Greatest U.S Open EVER.

Is anyone else watching this? Tiger Woods vs. Rocco Mediate in a full 18-hole playoff. They're at the 18th hole now. Amazing.
live blog the competition if you can, do not have access to results

I was watching it at work.

Tiger tried everything to give it away, Rocco choked on the 18th, Tiger wins on first extra hole (7th).

Great play by both.

Tiger was up 3 with about 9 to play and had 2 bogey's in a row and then Rocco came back and cleaned up. Both ended at even par on the 18th.

Tiger had 2 putts stop on the lip on the 16th, I believe, and the 18th that would have tied and won the match respectively.

Rocco's tee shot on the 7th (first playoff hole) bunkers and his sand-shot ends up just shy of the gallery. He gets a free drop and gets on the green but miles away. Tiger on the green in 2, but well below the hole and tough shot. He 2-putts, Rocco misses his par attempt and Tiger wins.

Rocco had some unbelievable putts all game long but Tiger perseveres after Rocco chokes on the 18th.

Tiger was up 3 with about 9 to play and had 2 bogey's in a row and then Rocco came back and cleaned up. Both ended at even par on the 18th.

Tiger had 2 putts stop on the lip on the 16th, I believe, and the 18th that would have tied and won the match respectively.

Rocco's tee shot on the 7th (first playoff hole) bunkers and his sand-shot ends up just shy of the gallery. He gets a free drop and gets on the green but miles away. Tiger on the green in 2, but well below the hole and tough shot. He 2-putts, Rocco misses his par attempt and Tiger wins.

Rocco had some unbelievable putts all game long but Tiger perseveres after Rocco chokes on the 18th.
that's GREAT anotation and I really appreciate it!

Tiger is amazing. Best athlete.

A lot of people consider the idea that he is.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=2336758&page=1

...or Google "Tiger Woods greatest athlete"

Of course it's an objective thing so everyone will have an opinion, but I think there is a legitimate argument considering what he has accomplished.
my opinion is he is not the best athlete, he is the very best cpmpetitor who ever lived playing golf

I think "best athlete" would go to that individual who would win the most sports competitions overall, competing against the other "best" in their respective fields

no handicaps allowed either, that would defeat the purpose, boxers would not have to handcap for tug of war because of their weight, golfers would not have to handcap for dexterity in bowling

I don't think tiger would stand a chance against basketball players, field and track, gymnasts and even tennis players, I even doubt he would stand a chance against baseball players, he would possibly beat bowlers. equestrians and poker players, yes, both are considered "sports" (though not by me)

however, when competitor is so dominant they change the field of play to equalize the competition, that is one extraordinary competitor in that field

again, even though they have changed the field of play for tiger, I don't even think the man places in a competition of compiled sports with all respective greats competing in fields other then their expertise

my guess is even a non discript gymnast is a far superior athlete then tiger woods

as far as I am concerned, if you are not playing against the clock and there is no goal keeper, it is a competition not a sport

golf has neither

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back