U.S. Braces for Sony's PSP Gaming Machine Debut

L

Lee

Thanks to ieXbeta!

Sony Corporation is betting that more than a million gamers will snap up its new PlayStation Portable (PSP) gaming machines within days of its March 24 release at midnight Eastern time.

But the bigger question facing the world's No. 2 consumer electronics maker, which promised to have 1 million units ready for the launch, is whether it can make enough to meet demand, particularly in Japan, its home country and the biggest market for video games.

"We anticipate people lined up at many stores early for this. How fast we'll sell out? It's safe to say we expect to sell out the first day," said Best Buy spokesman Brian Lucas.

view.gif
View: Full Article
view.gif
View: Sony PSP Web Site
globe.gif
News source: Reuters

PSP isn't Steam though.

My pre-order of the bundle pack from gamestop didn't come today. I'm pretty anxious to get it after dropping down over 400 dollars for it.

Got one, love it.

To be honest, the price is a steal when you look at what it does. Duo sticks are expensive, but I can still afford them so it's not a big deal.

I have one. With three games. Not really much out now ... although I'm interested to see what comes of it in the coming months

My buddy Syd has had one for about a week. It is very cool. It came with Spiderman 2 the movie. He also bought Need For Speed and ... errrr, can't remember... another game for it.

went to visit my sister this weekend in ohio and yesterday (five days after launch) one walmart by her house and the other walmart about 20 minutes away had at minimum 20 PSPs a piece.

was tempted to buy as many as I could but when I checked Ebay it seems like those that want one already have one since they aren't selling barely anything at all over retail.

didnt want to start a new thread, but my dads in houston now, told him to get me a psp, cant wait! will also tell the best buy guy to get me a 1gb sandisk gamer stick :) and need for speed, just a question though, are the ones that come with spiderman 2 the movie still around or finished? cuz i heard that they are all gone

I JUST GOT 2 PSPs!!! JK i got one my dad got another one for a friend of mine going to give it to him in school tommow and surprise him!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back