Typo or Vision

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Dell has posted drivers for Apple OS X on some hardware -

delldrivers0fb.jpg

What do you guys think? Typo, or is Dell going to start selling Apple hardware soon?

Looks like a photoshop.

The apple mac line is the only one that doesn't cleanly lineup. Could just be me.

kcnychief said:
...or is Dell going to start selling Apple hardware soon?
I somehow really, really doubt it, but you never know these days... :D

Actually not a photoshop - just visited Dell's website, pulled up the X1, and it's a valid choice for drivers.

Here is a screenie - only a few possibilities atm...

Attachments

• dell.JPG
    dell.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 78
That Dell,
always tryin to confuse its consumers :)
It wouldn't surprise me if they did start selling Apple stuff.
it isnt any photoshop i went to dell.com to check and its there.

Maybe they recognize that some people are using their computers to install an unauthorized version of OS X? :p

Melon

Possible,
For somereason when i think of dell, i think of Apple as well...
Hmmm
I'm phsycic and they will join!
lol

Maybe they are realizing that people are using their monitors on apple computers ;)

They're not apple drivers (It's very rare you even need a driver for anything on OS X anyway) apparently the download links to some .exe files?

I'd say it's just a typo, but it's not like putting "teh" instead of "the" ... it's a pretty big mistake to type out "Apple Mac OS". :)

edit Just had a look for myself. link

The drivers are all linked to .exe files... seems a bit of a mess up. The printer driver however is a proper mac installer. So it would seem it's just a typo, with the drivers being linked under the wrong product. :)

Last edited:
SPeedY_B said:
They're not apple drivers (It's very rare you even need a driver for anything on OS X anyway) apparently the download links to some .exe files?

I'd say it's just a typo, but it's not like putting "teh" instead of "the" ... it's a pretty big mistake to type out "Apple Mac OS". :)

edit Just had a look for myself. link

The drivers are all linked to .exe files... seems a bit of a mess up. The printer driver however is a proper mac installer. So it would seem it's just a typo, with the drivers being linked under the wrong product. :)
Someone should tell/ask them

I think they'll know. Seems a fair few sites have picked up on this "news". :rolleyes:

Dell packages almost all of their drivers as extractable .EXE's

Which is all well and good, except that OS X doesn't run .exe binaries! :p :p

The timing definitely is lined up for it, we'll see what becomes of it :)

Sazar said:
I wonder if it has anything to do with bootcamp?
The thing is Derek's screenshot shows drivers and firmware upgrades for the Latitude X1. Bootcamp allows Windows to run on Apple machines though. As it stands right now, there's no legal way to run OS X on a Latitude X1.

And as Dave said, the files are all EXE's, which is really weird. :D

It's nothing to do with bootcamp.

The .exe binaries included with bootcamp are Windows drivers for Apple hardware.

As I've already said, the files are .exe ... OS X does not run .exe binaries!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back