Two shortcuts for Microsoft Outlook

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Right this is one for you brain boxes.

I use outlook(OFFICE) for my pop mail. I also use it for my company webmail.

I configured it so they were both on the same window, but had to set up the whole thing depending on which account it was received from and sent from. Is there a way(not the selective one at start up) that i could have 2 shortcuts on desktop one to open up my pop account and one to open my company account.

Re: Two shortcuts for M$ Outlook

As far as I know, the only way you could do that is the way you are doing it. If you want to be able to access two different accounts seperately, Outlook needs to prompt you at startup as to which profile you want to load.

The question you are asking would require two seperate installations of Outlook, and I'm not sure how well that would work, if at all. I know, for instance, with the Office 2007 beta you can install all programs side-by-side with the Exception of Outlook, as there can only be one instance/version of that on your machine

Setup two different profiles.

Start
Run
outlook /profile profilename

madmatt that is what i need. Is there a way of making a .bat file or something to put on my desktop

You can make two seperate .bat files

Code:
outlook /profile [I]profilename[/I]

Do that twice, changing the profilename accordingly it should work.

You don't need to create a batch file.

Create two shortcuts.

One with: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE /profile profilename1

The other with: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE /profile profilename2

Tried both of these solutions but can't get any to work

ok got them working. Could not get it to work creating a NEW shortcut, so i copied the original from my quick launch to desktop and then edited the command line and it worked no problem. Thanks everyone for your help.

Last edited:

Ok a new one for this solution.
I have a jpg picture that i would like to use a an icon in quick launch tool bar for my work email. I have tried converting it to a .ico file using online software but when i try to change to it it says containes no icons.

What type of file do i have to make it before it works.

What type of photo/image editing software do you have or have access to?

I have paintshop pro 8. and the usual stuff that comes with XP

Look for a plug-in that allows you to save JPG, GIF, BMP as ICO. You will have to re-size the image to be 256x256, 192x192, 128x128, 64x64, etc.

irfan viewer is free and can do that

OK another question!
As i am running home edition on laptop, is there a way for windows to remember my password when i open outlook. ie
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE" /profile company name\ password

Or can i change a reg edit to let window offer "remember password".

Also with using the two profiles it only remembers the last one used, there is a drop down menu but the other profile username isnt there.

There is no way to store the username and password in the command line syntax. This was done on purpose for security reasons.

The last username/password is not stored within the profile, therefore Outlook will only show you the last one used. There is no registry edit to change this behavior.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back