Two "Scan with Norton Antivirus" options when rightclicking shortcuts?!

E

ExWhap

When i right click shortcuts on the Desktop and Start Menu's, the option "Scan with Norton Antivirus" appears two times, has anyone got a fix for this? Is anyone experiencing the same problems, i just cant stand it!!

Any help will be appreciated!!

I've tried the registry with no luck but not saying it's not there.

Look at the file i've attached for a picture of it.

somehwere in norton, under the options somewhere probably buried, you should find an option that says "directory context menus" or somethinglike that that's enabled. uncheck the box and look at it again. good luck.

Are you just assuming this or have you actually seen this with your own eyes? Cuz i cant see this option anywhere.

And i know the options are in both WinZip and WinRar, but i cant find it here :(

just assuming, sorry.

i just checked my dad's comp, but he has mcafee antivirus. it's gotta be in the registry somewhere... just no idea where. good luck.

ExWhap

Good luck. I have the same issue with NAV and WinZip. I have tried editing the right click menus within the registry and have no luck whatsoever. I have even gone as far as to uninstall the applications, but once reinstalled they go right back to appearing twice. I am afraid the only way to get rid of it is to reformat and start fresh. I have learned to live with it, for now.

Let me guess, it only appears in the startmenu and not Explorer?

It's on all shortcuts, desktop, start menu and explorer.

And i've also tried to reinstall, with the same luck as you had :(

And yes, i had it also with WinZip, but then i removed the winzip context menu totally.

By chance, did you install any software by Stardock (Object Desktop, WindowBlinds, etc.).

No, never, i did before but that was before i formatted.

Still noone knows how to fix this?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back