Two OS on Boot

W

WiredBrain

When I boot up my PC, it requires me to choose between Win XP Pro or Windows. This is strange 'coz I only have one OS although I've 2 partitions. Can someone explain this or ways to get around this thing 'coz it's troublesome to choose them whenever I starts my PC. :(

Happens to me too, except mine asks if I want XP or XP Original *shrug* I just let it sit for a sec or 2 and it boots up with the highlighted one. No clue why it does this, I have 2 partitions but only have XP installed on 1 partition, no OS on the other :rolleyes:

You could either edit the boot.ini or choose the one you want to boot which is probably safer. Right click my computer/properties/advanced/startup & recovery/settings. Make the changes to the top box without editing the boot.ini.

Make sure you select the right one or trouble might ensue.

I don't reboot or turn my computer off too often so it doesn't bother me

[10:18pm] <Jewelzz> WindowsXP [uptime] 1wk 1hr 35mins 2secs [record uptime] 1wk 3days 6secs on Dec 05 2002

w00t, watch out xsiv :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back