Two Firewalls at one time?

T

tomsxp1

Hello, Everyone: As alot of you know XP has its own Preinstalled Firewall (exit only) and for extra security I wanted to get Zone Alarm which is Compatible with XP! Now I wanted to know is it OK to run BOTH at the same time or should i disable Windows XP? Is any one running both NOW and do you have any problems?

That is exacxtly what i do at the moment, the XP firwall stops most of the ISP's pings and zonealarm keeps an eye on any more seriouse attacks or proggys accessing the web...

;)

The XP firewall added a ~ before my ident online, which meant the bots didn't recognise me, damn things, don't wanna add teh new host, so I just disabled it, just switched from Zone Alarm to Norton Firewall - am still learning my way around it...

Buddy of mine tried running the XP firewall with Nortons firewall and he said it made his system very slow. Personally I can't see a reason to run two firewall seems like it would be opening the door to conflicts and eat up more resourses.

Yeah, I also have the internal firewall activated AND use Zone Alarm Pro for all those nasty little programmes trying to phone home !! No problems at all. I had a couple of hiccups at first, but only because of my ignorance.
Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back