TWEAKUI screwed my PC up

HellyHans

OSNN Addict
ok.. I'am pissed
I tried fixing my stupid CD not autoplaying with TweakUI... I open the program up.. start looking at a couple of things... I DIDNT even change anything except the CD section..
NOW my computer has ugly icons when I'am in 16 bit mode.. and its ok in 32.. in 16 bit.. my trashcan is like in windows 2000, and my icons are not nice... they have weird colors to them. PLUS in my documents/my images I have these ugly brown surrondings around my thumbnails and I can;t even see the pic properly.. wtf?! I didnt change anything except the CD autoplay. .and when I clicked ok.. all this happened..and theres not even a way to load defaults.. what do I do??
thx

Originally posted by HellyHans
ok.. I'am pissed
I tried fixing my stupid CD not autoplaying with TweakUI... I open the program up.. start looking at a couple of things... I DIDNT even change anything except the CD section..
NOW my computer has ugly icons when I'am in 16 bit mode.. and its ok in 32.. in 16 bit.. my trashcan is like in windows 2000, and my icons are not nice... they have weird colors to them. PLUS in my documents/my images I have these ugly brown surrondings around my thumbnails and I can;t even see the pic properly.. wtf?! I didnt change anything except the CD autoplay. .and when I clicked ok.. all this happened..and theres not even a way to load defaults.. what do I do??
thx

there should be an option to restore or fix your icons... I am not sure if this will work but since it appears u have a buggered desktop as is... it should not hurt in the least :)

iam flipping out... I uninstalled. it all stayed.. reinstalled.. same stuff...
If this keeps up.. iam reinstalling, iam sick of this

are your display settings proper ? ie colors... 16/256/16million ?

Check these registry values

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\desktop\WindowMetrics]
Shell Icon BPP=16
Shell Icon Size=32

For the thumbnails - you may have changed the thumbnail size or quality. Try if deleting the thumbs.db file inside each folder corrects the problem.

Got a recent system restore point? System Restore was practically invented for these kind of things. That would be the simplest solution.

thank guys... that fixed my problem yoyo
but I'am still thinking of reinstalling...lol gonna put SP1 in soon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back