tweaks?

bluzeboy

Bluzeboy
I have xp office,I recently ran a repair from the xp cd & it apparently undid all the tweaks I had done & now my folders & apps like ms word open very slowly.
Is their a tweak perhaps that will enable these to open more rapidly.
I got most of the tweaks off dealers favorites tweaks thread which is now gone.
Any suggestions

bluzeboy!!!!!!

good to see you made it back here.

I'm suspecting your prefetch was emptied is all...this should optimize back to what it was as you continue to launch the program over time

also;

add

/prefetch:1

to the shortcut path...this works on some but not all apps

Others will return a message saying the program in the target box is invalid. Just remove the switch

now, I've tried this tweak a few times, and to be honest, I didn't notice a differance, but this tweak is known....let me know if it works for you

perris said:
bluzeboy!!!!!!

good to see you made it back here.

I'm suspecting your prefetch was emptied is all...this should optimize back to what it was as you continue to launch the program over time

also;

add

/prefetch:1

to the shortcut path...this works on some but not all apps

Others will return a message saying the program in the target box is invalid. Just remove the switch

now, I've tried this tweak a few times, and to be honest, I didn't notice a difference, but this tweak is known....let me know if it works for you

perris -you are probably right about my prefetch probably got emptied,i know about the command /prefetch:1 ,but i can't find a place to put it on Word,

shoot, I don't have office installed on this box yet, I'm using open office for now...I can't 'speriment for you

sorry

That /prefetch:1 switch (and /prefetch:3, /prefetch:4 up to /prefetch:9) very likely are only internal switches used by Windows Media Player to handle different file types. Don't think you can transfer this to any other application.
Likely this tweak got distributed on the net originally by someone misinterpreting that default WMP shortcut "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1

I think you're right yoyo, as I say, I've tried it and ntice no differance

If useful, I have the tweaks section downloaded on 07/July 2003 if that's of any use?

[e]-punk, Do you have the old tweaks section stuff, or was it lost with the DB?
If ya want this i'll send it to ya. It's around 56K zipped, and 280k extracted.

Looks like the files are on "tongawonga.tripod.com/xperiecetweaks.htm" ? :confused:

Let me know if it's any use ;)

If you cann send it to me also, zip it up, I'll pm my email

thanx 4 that

I've sent it to ya Perris, but after reading your PM...
I RAR'ed it rather than Zipping it. Hope that won't pose a prob?
If it does let me know, and i'll resend in the zip format... ;)

I have a lot of the old tweaks list around. The .doc and .html ones.

The .doc one is posted on the first page of the "My favourite tweaks" thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back