tweaking voltages

R

RobbieSan

how do you go about changing voltages? I want to tweak the 3.3V up a little to see if it solves a video lockup issue..

You can change your voltage in the bios, if your board allows it.

Or do you mean the 3.3v from the psu? Thats a bit out of my expertise :p
You can change the agp voltage on some boards as well - that might solve any video lockup issues

Yeah, I htink that's the one.. I had a look in my BIOS but it doesn't allow any changes to voltages.. I have heard that tweaking the voltage up a little can help stabilize the video card.. in particular I have a Radeon 8500 that works fine in most cases but I am getting lockups in Wolfestein.. I wonder if my cpu is getting too hot.. not sure, just want to try some different things to see if I can get my system to be more stable..

Are you overclocking your videocard? There shouldnt be any need to adjust voltages if your videocard is running stock speeds and in most cases voltage doesnt need to be raised even when overclocking. Have you got the latest ati drivers? What temps are you getting for you cpu?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back