tweak zip

NightHawk_450

OSNN Addict
Attactment at the bottom (read all first, and know what you are about to do before doing so)

Allows up to 8 simultaneous HTTP 1.0 and up to 8 simultaneous HTTP 1.1 requests to a single server (via Internet Explorer), up from the default values of 4 and 2, respectively.

Disables Internet Explorer's "Persistent Caching" option. Persistent Caching is NOT necessary for web browsing. It wastes space on your hard drive, and may even be considered a security problem when enabled, because if it is enabled, even when you clear Temporary Internet Files and IE History from within IE's "Tools, Internet Options" settings, Internet Explorer will still retain URLs you've visited. Once Persistent Caching is disabled, clearing TIF and IE History from "Tools, Internet Options" will successfully purge those items.

Allows you to right-click on any folder and select "Make new folder in" which creates a new folder inside of the one you've selected. This can be a time-saver for some people, especially those who work with files a lot and download lots of things from the Internet.

Improves TCP/IP security protection against SYN attacks.

Disables searching for "Scheduled Tasks" on remote computers - makes browsing your LAN/workgroup considerably faster. Usually there is no reason/need for anyone to browse "Scheduled Tasks" on remote computers.

Increases printer priority to maximum, to speed up printing operatings.

Tweaks system COM Ports for better performance and speed.

Enables "DOS Prompt Here" on right-click context menus for folders and drive roots to open a Command Prompt at any location of your choice, instantly.

so wots this bout then ? in lamen terms i know u said wot it does but in simple english coz i aint got a clue :p and also does it work ?

yes this will work....But you should always back up your registry before doing so....just in case........use a prog like erunt

Originally posted by NightHawk_450
Attactment at the bottom (read all first, and know what you are about to do before doing so)

Disables Internet Explorer's "Persistent Caching" option. Persistent Caching is NOT necessary for web browsing. It wastes space on your hard drive, and may even be considered a security problem when enabled, because if it is enabled, even when you clear Temporary Internet Files and IE History from within IE's "Tools, Internet Options" settings, Internet Explorer will still retain URLs you've visited. Once Persistent Caching is disabled, clearing TIF and IE History from "Tools, Internet Options" will successfully purge those items. How do i get to Persistent Caching and TIF :confused: wheres these at ??

Improves TCP/IP security protection against SYN attacks. wheres this found ?

Tweaks system COM Ports for better performance and speed. . and wheres this 1 too?

you are going to have to give me a bit of time....cause there is a lot of enteries in that reg file....just change it to a txt and look for your self....just use the key words

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back