tweak ui info

D

dbahsee

is there a site i can get info on how to use tweakui cus ive never used it before and what exactly is it good for anyway this tweak program

basically you can customize almost everything in tweak ui... i really dont use it much but its nice to have

tweaking utilities (tweakui, tweakxp, x-setup) allow you to customize many aspects of the OS, from the way it looks to the way it acts. They are intuitive - you don't need directions. The easiest to use is tweakui and the most comprehensive is x-setup.

Any preference to any these? Is Tweak-xp really worth the cost or are the other ones just as good?

Thanks

Okay, I'll be completely unbiased (I'm a moderator at tweakxp.com forums). I have all three on my system and use them for different purposes. I like tweakui because it's really the simplest to use, and I really like x-setup because it's the most comprehensive (it can be a little more complicated than the others but it does give pretty good descriptions of what the tweaks do). I like tweakXP for certain functions so I keep it as well (and it also gives pretty good explanations for most things). TweakXP is free for the first 50 uses, by the way, and the other two are completely free.

Allen:
Question for you: If you have all 3 programs installed and say a tweak is available in all 3 (or 2 for that matter). Do you need to apply the tweak in all programs?
I know that most are registry tweaks, but I have TweakXP and TweakUI installed and have noticed that I can set a tweak in one and when I look in the other in appears that the tweak isn't set.
Thoughts?

The utilities are nothing more than an interface between you and the registry. They don't check the registry to see what you have set, they just remember their own settings from the last time you used the utility. So no, you don't have to make multiple changes. Setting a tweak in any one of the programs changes the registry - it's just that the other tweakers don't know it (nor do they need to).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back