Tweak : Remove Media Player 9 Watermark

Thank you! for you pplz that test beta version, giving me a reason not to install it hehe! dont wanna mess up my computer

To "remove" WMP 9, do a system restore to a restore point BEFORE the time you installed it. When done...it will be gone.
WORKED FOR ME!

Man now It won t even play any of my mp3's?????? Every time i click on an mp3 i get the following error message:

No such inteface supported (error Code =
0x80004002, Condition = 115)

Man this sux

Hey Mass,

I was getting the same error, i was looking around and realized that i still had the installation file so i ran that, did a complete re-install and now WMP9 works agian :confused: . I dunno guys, but try re-installing and see what happens. worked for me.

spyderx

so how do I delete windows media player 9 and reinstall 8. (I posted this in wrong place originally)
thanks

Originally posted by glaanieboy
Now, but I'll keep that for tomorrow, I'm going to disable the SFP and download WMP 7.1 and start the setup. Then I'm going to find where it keeps the Temporary Files and then with a .inf file (I am sure it's included) install the thing. Then it should overwrite the files of the original WMP (maybe some renaming here and there) and I could play my files again! Theoratically.

Well, that did not work. I have reinstalled WMP 9 and it works!!! Until now it still works.

soon or later you will run into problems like us

Im still using it, no problems... i had a problem when i first installed it where it woudln't play AVI's unless i drag and dropped them in, but i restarted, and everythings fine now...

Ok, so I think I found a fix for wmp 9. Just to clarify, the error i was getting was No such inteface supported (error Code =
0x80004002, Condition = 115)
and i would get it when ever I attempted to open a file with windows media player. All i did was to reinstall wmp 9. But, instead of selecting upgrade I chose to do a full install. Maybe this fix only works for me. Try it if your having probs, might fix it might not but, won't hurt to try.

good luck
oDin.

Hey everyone,

I must admit that I fell for the beta version hell of this application, but luckily I had GoBack 3 installed. I gotta tell ya, GoBack has saved my ASS some many times from crappy programs I've lost count. I really recommend this application...it's better, in my opinion, than the system restore feature.

When WMP9 started acting up and I couldn't find a way to fix it, I just reverted my hard drive to before I installed it and it was like it never happened.

Just some friendly advice from someone who liked to f*&k around with his computer too often and ended up having to reinstall his OS way too often.

Blyx

how to remove wmp9

navigate to c:\program files\windows media player
delete wmplayer.exe
boot from your windows x cd
do a repair install

this avoids having to format and replaces the missing file with the original (wmp8) from the windows xp cd.

Thanks Alot!!

Actually, Ihave been thinking wat program I downloaded that cos the watermark at the desktop, till i see this messge. Thanks alot!!

Thanks much zman. The watermark's gone. As far as WM9, it runs for about 5 secs and then it's gone too. I swore months ago that I wouldn't install M$ beta trash and I did it anyway. I'll learn some day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back