Tweak - multiple download for IE

P

percyv143

Help...
I want to follow this procedure that i got from the "tweak" section but i'm a little bit confused. pls. help...

-- tweak procedure --

Allow more than 2 simultaneous downloads in IE 6 TOP
This is to increase the the number of max downloads to 10.

1. Start Registry Editor

2. Locate the following key in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/InternetSettings

3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value , and then add the following registry values:

>>> when i clicked on Edit Menu I got these options :

I didn't see any Add Value but at New I have a choice :

Key
String Value
Binary Value
DWORD Value
Multi-String Value
Expandable String Value

>>What should I choose and how exactly to "add it"

"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=Dword:0000000a
"MaxConnectionsPerServer"=Dword:0000000a

4. Quit Registry Editor.
Reboot

-- end of tweak --

Thanks a lot....

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/InternetSettings

make these DWORD values :
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
MaxConnectionsPerServer

and in the value section for MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server write : Dword:0000000a

and in the value section for MaxConnectionsPerServer write : Dword:0000000a

It might be just me but I have always been able to download more than two files simultaneously. I have XP Pro. It just makes me wonder what this tweak is actually for? XP Home maybe?:confused:

ZAnwar, i did follow your advise and it is working. I used to "save target as" and can only download 2 at a time but now I tried 3 and was ok. thanks for your help.
cheers !

Yea I've never had the problem where I can only download 2 files at a time... Is somethnig wrong?

tweak IE

i was just downloading 3 or more files at the same time using "save target as" and i noticed that you can only download 2 files at a time.

Any version of IE will only download max of 2 files from any single server. If you were able to download 3 or 4 then you are going from more than one server.

The tweak is for "just about" all versions of IE, def for 5+

someone posted a .reg file that all you had to do was double click it and boom! you had 10 downloads per server. Forgot where it is though. Might wanna find it and post it here

The point was for a tweak, not a program to do it for you. Plus, I hate download managers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back